Options for Women (OFW) provides FREE testing, diagnosis and treatment of chlamydia and gonorrhea for those who are sexually active and desire testing.
Here are some things that you should know about Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) and Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD):
- If you are pregnant and considering an abortion get tested first. Why? Many STDs can be transmitted to a baby during pregnancy or birth. If you can detect and treat the STD then you will protect both yourself and the baby.
- You can get an STD the very first time you have vaginal, anal or oral sex.
- STDs are typically untreatable, while STIs (such as chlamydia and gonorrhea) can be treated through medication.
- Most people infected with an STD do not know that they have it.
- Because many people are unaware of their STD symptoms it increases the risk that you may unknowingly contract the disease or virus.
- You cannot tell who has an STD by looking at them.
We test for gonorrhea and chlamydia using a urine sample.
Do not urinate or engage in sexual intercourse for one hour before testing.
Do not put off STD/STI testing. OFW provides two FREE sexually transmitted infection (STI) tests that can only benefit you today.
OFW provides confidential consultations and are sensitive to your needs and concerns.